Recycle, Compost, Energy & Environmental Conservation
Listed below are a few common recycling items and locations in the building.
- All paper, plastic and cardboard recyclables can be mixed in the same recycle bins - bins located on each floor in central hallway. More information on Single Stream Recycling.
- Batteries – bin located on basement dock
- Recycle Write - bin located on basement dock
- Styrofoam/polystyrene – bag and place on basement dock
- Toner cartridges – bin located on basement dock in room #124:
- Place empty cartridge into box labeled "Mikan Corporation"
- Empty cartridges will be picked up every two weeks
- If you notice an earlier pick-up is needed, please contact April Fielek
- Light bulbs – bin located on basement dock
For information on campus sustainability please go to the following websites:
Due to our commitment to make a difference in our environmental footprint, the Fleming Building has chosen to participate in a composting program. Click here for program presentation.
- Coffee cups that are NOT clearly marked as compostable must be placed in the landfill bins.
- ALL paper towels and napkins can go into the Compost bins.
- How to Order Compostable Supplies
- Tips for Ordering Food for Zero Waste Events
- How Can I Compost at My Event?
- 1st place winners of the 2015 Recycling Champions Competition!
- 2nd place winners of the 2014 Recycling Champions Competition!
- 3rd place winners of the 2012 Recycling Champions Competition!